Sunday, June 15, 2008

Inspiring Simplicity

The running theme of this blog is how to live more simply, so I thought I'd share the inspiring story of a new client who is committed to simple living.

This successful corporate executive is moving from Chicago to the east coast and hired me to help her pare down and organize her papers before the big move. Moves can be exhausting, stressful, complicated affairs, so I prepared my schedule with some flexibility to make sure she'd be covered.

Well, this ended up being the easiest move prep I've ever witnessed! The client was determined to fit everything she owned in one medium sized sedan.

Now granted, not all of us can afford to get rid of our wardrobes and start anew, but that's besides the point. This woman lives with a philosophy of having "enough" (see last post on the myth of scarcity), and she didn't feel the need to weigh herself down with things she might -- or might not --- use "someday."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home